"A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip-synching and audio dubbing to make a music video. It is made by filming individuals or a group of people lip synching while listening to a song or any recorded audio then dubbing over it in post editing with the original audio of the song. There is often some form of mobile audio device used such as an MP3 player. Often they look like simple music videos, although many involve a lot of preparation and production. Lip dubs can be done in a single unedited shot that often travels through different rooms and situations within a building."
The Elkhart Central Winter 2011 Lip Dub is a One Take, No Edit Video and took place on a Saturday with a three hour time limit.
Facts about the route:
1) Establishing shot takes place outside the main entrance;
2) thru the Media Center patio and into the Media Center;
3) down a series of hallways in the Academic wing (notice the nice banners depicting awards given by the Indiana State School Music Association's All-Music Award by meeting specific criteria throughout the school year. These ECHS groups have received the award all eight years the award has been given);
4) then into the West Gym (nice Big Mr. B on the wall);
5) into the main foyer;
5) into the East Gym (another Mr. B and banners of past conference championships on the wall);
6) down the athletic wing hallways (the photos on the walls are of the athletic teams for the past 25 years),
7) through the hallway adjacent to the pool;
8) and finishing up in the Music wing (notice all the District and State awards on the wall);
9) and finally ending up in the band classroom.
"...[ECHS] taught me to be confident in myself and in my talents... to explore and ask questions... the importance of knowledge and education... the most important skills to have entering into college, as well as life."
- Maggie T., '99 ECHS
- Indiana University
*Some links on pages of the Elkhart Central High School web site (www.blueblazers.org) will let you leave the school district site (www.elkhart.k12.in.us). The linked sites are not under the control of the school and/or district, and the school and district are not responsible for the contents of any linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The school and district are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the district.